- Click on the start Icon.
- Click on "Computer" or "My Computer"
- Choose the Hard Drive you want to defragment. (usually the C: drive unless you have multiple hard drives.)
- Right click on the Icon for the Hard Drive you want to Defragment.
- At the bottom of the list of options that comes up choose "Properties"
- In the Properties Menu Click on "Tools"
- In the Tools section click on "Defragment"
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Defragging your Hard Drive
Defragging is a very simple process that should be done every few weeks just to keep things on your computer running as well as they can. Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to a better running computer.